Click here to get to my essay blog!

Monday, September 14, 2009

Comment to Minnie Foster going insane...

Minnie foster went insane... If you really think about, her canary was the only thing in her life that kept her getting up every day knowing that there was something to live for. Her bird would sing with her or even sing to her while she was sewing, baking, or what ever Minnie was doing. Then when her husband killed the bird it was like taking the blue out of the sky-- Minnie had no more freedom with that bird being gone. She felt that there was only one way to get her freedom back, and that was to kill her own husband. Minnie Foster had strangled her husband just like he had strangled the bird. She wanted to put her husband through the same death as the bird had gone through. That is why I clearly think that Minnie went insane... no bird means no freedom for Minnie Foster.

7 comments:

  1. I liked how you used text evidence throughout the response, like when you said that the bird was next to her when she was sewing, and baking. Next time I think you should try to use some literay devices like similies, and metaphors. Keep on laughing Sammmmmmmmmmmmmmm.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the way you said "Then when her husband killed the bird it was like taking the blue out of the sky. When you pointed out that Minnie Foster's freedom was taken from her when the bird was gone, I agreed. Maybe next time you write a responce you could try to using less words like "like", because it makes you sound unsure of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you mentioned that "no bird means no freedom" that was a very good thought. I also liked all the test evidence you used. Next time, you should try to use less pronouns and some different vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked all of the text evidence you used, because it gets your point across clearly. Maybe next time you can try to use more vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you used a similie. I would have never thought of the situation as,"taking the blue out of the sky." Maybe next time you shouldn't use the words, "That is why I...". Overall I enjoyed reading your response.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how you said that the canary was the only reason Minnie Foster woke up every morning. Good text evidence. Next time maybe try not to use " i think.." beacause we already know that everything you are writing is stuff you think. But this was a very nice response samm:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you proved your point using a lot of text evidence and examples. I also liked how you showed how the bird meant to Minnie, it's really was the reason she woke up every morning. One thing you could have done better would be to try and put a little more vocab into your response.

    ReplyDelete